8.29.2008

Prayers needed please.


My life, as I knew it, has changed...for now. It's been a very difficult week but thanks to my wonderful supportive family, friends and co-workers, I feel incredibly loved. Last week I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I am blessed that it was caught early and I am stage 1. I am not looking forward to the surgery or the recovery. (Surgery will be Sept. 25th---after our Hawaiian cruise. It's a slow growing cancer thank heavens and the Dr. said I can go--the entire family is going---even Jack and my sister and her husband and some of Tim's family.) Dr. Peche will take out quite a large section of my colon and my recovery will keep me out of work for about 6 weeks. If they can get all the cancer and it hasn't metastasized (spread to places other than my colon) and the post surgery lab work concurs that it is stage 1, I will not have to have to have chemo or radiation. Angela and Jack are coming up to babysit me after the surgery... I am SO appreciative of EVERYONE who will take care of me at home and those at work who will step in and cover for me and also those who are donating their vacation hours to my sick hours. Do I ever feel helpless!!! To family and friends who are just hearing this bad news by reading my blog, I apologize that I haven't called you---I just haven't had to time to call all those I wanted to. I feel so vulnerable for the first time, yet I also feel the Lord's hands in my life and am surrounded by His love; I trust Him. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers in my behalf. Love always, Peggy

9 comments:

Carol and Brian Moss said...

Oh, Peggy! I'm so sorry to hear your news!! You brave, girl, you! It sounds like they have you under control! I'm so glad you found it so soon. We will definitely be praying for you and we KNOW you are indeed in the Lord's care!! I'll check back to see how you are doing. Thank you for sharing!!!
Love from Tampico, Mexico, Carol and Brian Moss
p.s. We were with President Doxey last week and he specifically asked us about you!!

Peggy said...

Thank you Carol and Brian for your prayers. Congrats on all your beautiful grandchildren. Please give Gary my best next time you see him; it was great being a part of the Governor's team while Gary and I worked for Governors Leavitt and Walker.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

For sure! For sure I will pray for you. I hate cancer.....

Breinholt Family said...

You know I love you! I wish every little girl could have a big sister just like you like I do! I feel so blessed to have you as my example of a righteous LDS Woman of Faith! We pray everyday for you and Tracy and I are sooooo looking forward to HAWAII!

Marisa Jean said...

It still feels so unreal. You are a courageous woman and will kick cancer's butt. Don't hesitate to ask for any help you need. We love and are praying for you!

Stacey said...

peggy, we love you and are praying for you. enjoy hawaii to the max! it will be great for you!

alicia.martindale1@riosalado.edu said...

Peggy,
My prayers will be with you and the family. I have always loved you and admired your strength of character. You will get through this with your incredible Faith and Courage. All my love,
Alicia (Amy's friend from college).

Michele said...

Peggy, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a tough woman, I know you are going to get through this and get on with your life. Please let me know if you need anything, I will be there in a heart beat.

Love,
Michele

Heidi said...

WHAT?!?!! I'm sure that cancer picked the wrong woman to mess with. Good luck with surgery, recovery, and all that goes with it. You're in our prayers! ~Heidi, Joe & Henry