4.04.2008

Babe Ruth Bars

Years ago when we lived in Lexington, Kentucky, my friend, Carol, gave me the following recipe. I made them last night to take to work and they were a hit. Thought I'd share the recipe.

Babe Ruth Bars
4 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 c. light corn syrup
2/3 c butter--melted
1/3 c. peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients well; pat in a 8x8 in. pan prepared with cooking spray. Bake at 400 about 10 minutes--don't over bake or the bars are hard. Let cool a bit while melting 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips, 3 oz. peanut butter chips and 1/3 c. peanut butter; stir until mixed well. Do not get the chocolate too hot, melt gradually. Spread on top of warm bars. Cool completely, then cut. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ang said...

YUM! I want to make those. Now I just have to get brown sugar....