11.08.2008

What are you thankful for?

For many, many years we have had a small turkey-shaped basket filled with slips of paper and a pen that sits on our kitchen counter during November. The little sign attached to the basket says:

This is our blessing basket.
If you are thankful for someone or something,
write it on a slip of paper,
fold it, then put it back in the basket.
We'll read them on Thanksgiving.

So, not only do I invite you to start your own blessing basket, but make a comment here and tell me what or whom you are thankful for.

Have a nice November!
What a wonderful time to show extra gratitude for our blessings.

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to remember to do this.

I am thankful for my ability to choose for myself. What I want to wear, where to sleep, what to eat, what to study, what religion, my own standards, and on and on.

Team Huffaker said...

I am thankful for my adorable, orange-haired, childish, loving, caring, fun, infectious husband!

~Tasha

Breinholt Family said...

This year more than any other I am Thankful for YOU! I love you sis!
Mary