11.22.2008

SLIME...

Yesterday was Tim's birthday; last night the kids, Tim and I went out to dinner. We enjoyed being together in addition to having a fun time eating and visiting. We left the restaurant, went to our cars...and found a window in Tim's car had been broken by some lower than pond scum people who had stolen Tim's computer bag that included his ipod, camera, computer, etc., and his day planner. I wish bad karma on the slime buckets who did this to my husband on his birthday. I know, I know, he shouldn't have left his day planner in plain sight...then they wouldn't have broken in and found the computer bag. We've changed passwords on accounts, called other places etc.. But the best news is that the computer store where Tim had taken his computer in to be fixed on Thursday had not deleted their copy of the information that was on his old computer!!!! So when he buys a new computer, they can load everything he had on the stolen one onto the new one!!! He owns his own business so all the files are his livelihood.

This situation, along with Aaron and Tasha's apartment being burglarized, has caused me to ponder on WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!? OR WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO??!?!?

"And these Gadianton robbers...did infest the land, insomuch that the inhabitants thereof began to hide up their treasures...and they became slippery...that they could not hold them, nor retain them..." Mormon 1:18

5 comments:

Breinholt Family said...

Oh Peggy that is HORRID! I'm so sorry. I left Tim a Happy Birthday on Ang's blog but here it is again 2 days late. Happy Birthay to the best brother-in-law in the whole wide world! I love ya Tim!

Marisa Jean said...

No way! Your trials just keep on comin'. That totally sucks! But lucky for the computer store that has a back-up of the files! This exact same thing just happened to my brother-in-law. Good luck recovering everything. I hope that person slips and falls on slime too! Grrrr.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Are you kidding me? Sheesh! That is the worst. :-(

But, agreed--glad there is a backup of the files! That is truly a blessing.

Ahma said...

I am so sorry that happened. We had the same thing happen in June. Someone broke the window in Jim's car at a hotel and stole three bags. But all they got was our temple clothes. Can you just see their faces when they opened those bags? They probably thought they were getting computers, etc.

Cher said...

I am so sorry that happened. That is great that the computer has a backup. I don't understand what goes through people's mind. I hope nothing else happens.