9.05.2009

16 Years Ago


Thank you to my dear family for the beautiful white roses. Every year but one (we were out of town) for the past 16 years I have received a gorgeous bouquet of roses---usually white, but sometimes a pale pink. These roses are a reminder of our daughter and sister, Alison Elisabeth, who was born and died on Sept. 6th. My heart is deeply touched each year as you remember and express your feelings that Sept. 6th is a tender day for me and all of us. Leaving the hospital with empty arms was difficult, but I am thankful for the knowledge that Alison is part of our eternal family and is watching over us all. I love you!

2 comments:

Michele said...

What a neat tradition! You have the sweetest family - they are so thoughtful.

Marisa Jean said...

What a great way to remember that sweet baby girl. DOn't know how you got through that--stronger than I am, that's for sure!