8.03.2009

"Aren't you too old?"


That's the question I was asked by one of my children when I told him I had been called to serve as the Young Women's President in our ward!!! Well, to be honest...I was floored when the Bishop extended the call! I've been in many different positions in YW since I was 19. In
the 80's when we lived in Kentucky, I was the YW president...but that was about 25
years ago! I'm humbled by the confidence the Lord has in me and I pray my
presidency...which consists of incredible women, will make a difference
in the lives of the wonderful YW in our ward.
AND
Tim was called to serve as 2nd Counselor in YM!

4 comments:

Camille said...

That's what I told my Dad!! Poor guy :) You will be so good at that, I wouldn't mind actually going.

Jed said...

You will both be GREAT!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Sorry--but that is so funny! I actually think that our ward should get some of the not-recently-marrieds to be in the YW and YM presidencies. So, I think your ward is doing a good thing.

Marisa Jean said...

HA! What are the chances?!? I think you'll both be great.