5.23.2009

Peru...being sent FROM the Amazon Jungle...



So, I thought walking on the Great Wall would be #1 on my list of things I've done...not so,  I've now climbed into Machu Picchu and it was far more amazing!  

We've also visited a remote village and took them school and medical supplies and we are now in the Amazon Jungle...a lodge with free wireless internet which blows my mind--not the free but having it in the jungle!

Today we took a ride down the Amazon (we saw pink dolphins that swim in the Amazon River) to visit a tribe of Indians...can't remember the name.  They were fun people and two of the kids had tiny monkeys for a pet and one boy had a baby sloth. 

This has been a great trip so far.  We haven't uploaded the pictures from the Amazon yet, but will post some when we do.

4 comments:

Mal said...

Peggy, nice blog. I'm laid up with a torn acl and am starting my fourth blog in 4yrs. Just surfing thru blogspot and ran into yours.

I too loved the Great Wall, but I'm still amazed and mystified by the work of the Mayans at Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba...

Happy Memorial Day!
Mal

Camille said...

Peggy, that is an amazing picture with all of you. I am jealous, that is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go there.

Marisa Jean said...

What a fantastic picture of you all. This is a priceless picture, and a ttuly a trip of a lifetime. I think you are among the few and the lucky who get to meet and learn about remote parts of the world and different cultures. How great is that!?!

Cher said...

The scenery is beautiful. I hope you had a great time!