3.20.2009

Peggy's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week!


I've had the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad flu this week and YES, I had a flu shot. There's not anything good about the flu--except that I was able to watch some movies... so it's been a depressing week. I've accomplished NOTHING. I guess the two bright spots are: as I posted Angela and Tommy are having a baby girl--Sadie Jane and people have been very kind in wishing me Happy Birthday...which is the first day of Spring...today, March 20th! I'm getting really old and that's not fun either.

I teach the lesson in Relief Society Sunday and it's taken from the talk given by Pres. Uchtdorf at the women's broadcast on: Happiness: our heritage. Hummm....this hasn't been a happy week, in fact it has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week--in more ways than just the flu; I've been tested in many ways and I know I've failed the test--this is difficult cuz I usually don't fail. I guess I need to snap out of it so I can teach with the spirit and hopefully teach the women in my ward what they need to hear. I guess I need this lesson more than anyone.

Please remember me in your prayers. I need to shake the remaining flu and the emotional and physical drain that comes with being sick, and most of all, I need to count my blessings and be happy.

Thanks for "listening" and caring!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Peggy! I hope you had a better day than you did a week. I hope this comment finds you feeling better and hopefully recovering this weekend. Enjoy, miss you and love you all.

Michele said...

I felt so sad that you were sick on your Birthday week. I hope you are feeling much better. You are always in my prayers.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Hey Lady - I felt bad that you were sick on your birthday too. Sorry! But, I'm guessing your lesson in RS was rock-start awesome, since this handout you gave them was priceless.

I hope you are feeling better today than you were last week. Smile!

Cher said...

I have been meaning to write you a happy birthday email, but this will have to do. I hope you are doing well this week. I'm sorry you have been sick. That is no fun. Especially when it is suppose to be spring. Sheesh! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I hope you had a good birthday.